An Ohio Vehicle Bill of Sale is a document that provides information that payment for the vehicle has been received and ownership has been transferred from the seller to the purchaser. The bill of sale form should also contain all the information that the new owner of the vehicle will use for the subsequent registration of the vehicle. An Ohio Vehicle Bill of Sale is a form that the seller or the vehicle’s dealership must provide to the purchaser. This document is drawn up as an “as is” document. This means that the seller is not obliged to give the purchaser any guarantees regarding the vehicle.
Ohio bill of sale templates – visit for more Ohio-specific bill of sale templates that you may use.
Download your fillable Ohio Vehicle Bill of Sale Form in PDF format:
– Adobe PDF
If the dealer and the previous owner of the vehicle is a dealership, the dealership is obliged to provide all the info about the vehicle necessary for registration and a document confirming the right to own the vehicle. Moreover, the dealership, acting as a seller, is obliged to provide the purchaser with a temporary driving permit for the time of recording of the vehicle.
List of info that the seller and the purchaser must provide to make the document valid:
- The full legal name of the vehicle seller
- The physical address of the seller’s place of residence (with city and state)
- Purchaser’s full legal name
- Purchaser’s physical address (with city and state)
- Price of the vehicle
- A detailed description of the vehicle with make, color, model, production date, style, VIN, vehicle identification number, and the mileage of the vehicle
- Date of the transaction, indicating the day, month, and year
- Signatures of all participants in the transfer of property rights
Ohio Vehicle Registering Procedures
You are to register your vehicle to have legal rights on it. For this purpose, you can go to the closest Ohio BMV Office with all necessary papers for the procedure. They are the following:
- Bill of sale and title that are legally certified
- Driver’s License that you have got in Ohio
- Vehicle Insurance
- Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form BMV-3724)
- Level of emissions your vehicle produces (required in some districts)
- Paper that states that auto inspection checked your vehicle
- If your car is rented, you are also to have Registration Information and Authorization to Register (Form BMV 5736)
How to Fill Out the Form
Below you will find information on creating and filling out an Oklahoma Vehicle Bill of Sale yourself.
- Download the document
Download the document on our website to fill it out electronically or print it out and fill it out in writing. You can download the document in any format that suits you. Also, you can use our form building software to simplify the process.
- Enter vehicle information
In the first section of the document, you need to enter the following information about the vehicle. In this section, you need to specify: Model, Year of production, Color, Vehicle number, Vehicle mileage, and whether the title will be included in the price of the vehicle.
- Enter seller and buyer information
In the second section of the document, you need to provide all the necessary information about the seller and the buyer: the name of the seller and the buyer, the driver’s license number of the seller and the buyer, the actual address of the seller and the buyer, the city of the seller and the buyer, the state of the seller and the buyer. First, the information about the seller is entered. After that, it is necessary to enter the information about the buyer.
- Indicate the price of the vehicle
In this section, you need to indicate the vehicle’s price, first indicating the price in dollars. After that, you need to duplicate the price in figures in dollars. In the same section, you must indicate the date (day, month, and year) of the price-setting for the vehicle and the date (day, month, and year), no later than which the payment must be transferred from the buyer to the seller.
- Enter information from the seller
In this section, the seller is obliged to indicate all information about the vehicle. If the vehicle has any breakdowns, the seller is obliged to indicate them in this section of the document.
- Sign the document
In the last section of the document, the seller must indicate one’s full legal name, sign, and signature date. After that, the buyer must indicate their full legal name and sign and indicate the signature date.
- Notarize the document
The notary must check the document and verify the signatures of all parties. The notary will then complete the remainder of the document and affix the state seal. After notarial confirmation, several copies of the document must be printed, while the buyer must keep the original.