A Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale is a form that the seller or the dealership of the vehicle must provide to the purchaser. A Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale this document provides information that payment for the vehicle has been received and ownership has been transferred from the seller to the purchaser. This document is drawn up as an “as is” document, this means that the seller is not obliged to give the purchaser any guarantees regarding the vehicle. The bill of sale template should also contain all the information that the new owner of the vehicle will use for the subsequent registration of the vehicle.
Colorado bill of sale templates – see several other bills of sale common in Colorado.
Download your fillable Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale Form in PDF format:
– Adobe PDF
In the event that the dealer and the previous owner of the vehicle is a dealership, the dealership is obliged to provide all the info about the vehicle necessary for registration and a document confirming the right to own the vehicle. Moreover, the dealership, acting as a seller, is obliged to provide the purchaser with a temporary driving permit for the time of recording of the vehicle.
List of info that the seller and the purchaser must provide in order to make the document valid:
- purchaser’s full legal name
- purchaser’s DD/MM/YYYY date of birth
- purchaser’s physical address, zip code, and registration date of place of residence
- A detailed description of the vehicle with title, model, production date, damage, vehicle registration number
- The full legal name of the vehicle seller
- Seller’s DD/MM/YYY date of birth
- The physical address of the seller’s place of residence, zip code, and date of registration of the place of residence
- Price of the vehicle
- Signatures of all participants in the transfer of property rights
- Date of the transaction, indicating the day, month, and year
Colorado Vehicle Registering Procedures
If you purchased a vehicle that is not yet recorded in the state of Colorado, you need to record your vehicle no more than 30 calendar days from the date of purchase. If you bought a vehicle that is already recorded in Colorado, then you, as the new owner of the vehicle, need to update the recording. You can do this online via email or the official website.
If you are recording your vehicle in Colorado for the first time, you will need to visit a DMV office. In this case, you must have a driver’s license and state ID with you.
If you buy a vehicle through a dealership, the dealership is obliged to collect and prepare all the documents necessary for recording the vehicle itself. At the time of registration of the vehicle, the dealership is obliged to issue the vehicle owner a temporary permit to drive the vehicle.
How to Fill Out the Form
Below you will find information on how to create and fill out an A Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale yourself.
- Download the Bill of Sale Form
Download A Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale, you can do it in any format that suits you on our website, and then fill it out electronically or print and fill out in writing.
- Indicate an acceptable vehicle price
Enter the acceptable vehicle price on the first line of the document.
- Define the Parties ’Information
Include the purchaser’s name, the actual address of the purchaser, zip code, and date of birth. Include the seller’s name, the actual address of the seller’s residence, zip code, and date of birth.
- Specify purchaser and Seller Agreement Statements
Confirm that the purchaser agrees with all the terms of the transaction, including the fact that the seller does not give any guarantees, and the purchaser must independently renew the insurance. Then fill in the purchaser’s full name, purchaser’s address, and sign and date under this section of the document. Then enter the seller’s full name, seller’s address and sign and date under this section of the document.
- Sign the document
Sign the document, for this, all parties to the transaction must put their name and full legal name next to the date of signing the document. The date of the signature of the document must be indicated by day, month, and year. After the document is signed by the seller and the purchaser, you need to make several copies of the document and print them. The original document must be transferred to the new owner (purchaser) and kept by them.
Other Colorado Forms By Type
Other Vehicle Bill of Sale Forms By State
- Alabama car bill of sale
- AZ bill of sale for a vehicle
- Arkansas free auto bill of sale template
- California car bill of sale
- Connecticut car bill of sale
- Florida car bill of sale
- Georgia car bill of sale
- Idaho car (DMV) bill of sale
- Illinois vehicle bill of sale form
- Indiana motor vehicle (BMV) bill of sale
- Kansas car bill of sale for used vehicles
- Maryland car bill of sale for a car
- Massachusetts private automobile bill of sale
- Michigan car bill of sale to sell a car
- Missouri car bill of sale template
- Nevada auto (DMV) bill of sale
- NJ car bill of sale
- NM car (MVD) bill of sale
- New York State car bill of sale
- NC bill of sale for a vehicle
- Oregon car bill of sale
- SC auto bill of sale
- TN car bill of sale form
- Texas car bill of sale
- Utah vehicle bill of sale form
- VA car bill of sale form
- Washington State car bill of sale