The Indiana Vehicle Bill of Sale Form, also called State Form 44237 (R4/7-17), serves to evince that a transaction between two individuals, seller, and buyer, has been negotiated and voluntarily committed. Though the Indiana BOS can not be used as legal proof of transferring the ownership of the vehicle (or watercraft) that requires a certificate of title, the bill of sale template can be used to show that the property is legally held in the following situations:
- The acquisition of the road-off vehicle has taken place prior to Jan. 1, 2010;
- An abandoned vehicle has been sold at auction by a town, city, or county;
- The purchaser of the vehicle is the federal government.
Another reason to obtain the Indiana BOS is that it protects both parties who agreed to sign the paper. There are benefits from finding out about the property’s previously unobserved defects for a buyer or declining responsibility for the damage caused by the machine (or vessel) resulting from inappropriate operation for a seller. Keeping records and exchanging personal information is utterly important to prevent any unwanted situations if the vehicle (vessel) purchase is not committed through a licensed dealership.
Indiana bill of sale forms – get other bill of sale documents for Indiana together with instructions.
Download your fillable Indiana Vehicle Bill of Sale Form in PDF format:
– Adobe PDF
Indiana Vehicle Registering Procedures
According to the IC 9-18.1-2-8 law of Indiana, all the vehicles have to be officially registered within 45 days after acquisition. The procedure may be done online, through the US mail, or in person. The first two options do not require notarization. The one applying for registration should also be aware of the fact that any other individual may apply on his (her) behalf, as long as the document is signed and verified.
If a resident intends to register a newly-acquired motor vehicle, he will need:
- The Title of the Vehicle (which should be valid in the state of Indiana)
- Driving License
- Fee Receipts
For the registration of a vessel, the following documentation is required:
- Indiana Application for Certificate of Watercraft Title
- Proof of Ownership
- An Indiana Physical Inspection of a Vehicle or Watercraft completed by an Indiana BMV employee or police officer
- A social security card, w-2 form, or previous pay stub complete with listed full name and security number
- Proof of Indiana Residency
- Fee Receipts
Once the registration process is successfully completed, the person will get a Certificate of Registration and a Proof of Registration for display on the vehicle.
An individual who initiates the registration of the vehicle (watercraft) may express a desire to donate any sum of money (not less than one US dollar) to an anatomical gift promotion fund, according to IC 9-18.1-3-9 law of Indiana. The total amount received by the employees of the bureau is monthly distributed in the special account to the fund.
How to Fill Out the Form
Submitting the Indiana BOS Form requires utter accuracy. The document, if printed out, has to be completed in blue or black ink. In order to input all the information correctly, follow the simple steps below:
1. Obtain the Form
You may want to download the paper from any reliable source page, as well as use our form building software. Make sure that the document was issued by the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
2. Describe the Vehicle or Watercraft
The information about the vehicle should be inserted in the upper section. First, carefully write the Vehicle or Hull ID, then proceed to submit other information, such as year, make, and model of the machine. If you are creating the Watercraft BOS, its registration number will be required.
3. Establish the Price
The second block has to be filled out with the exact purchase price and the agreement’s date.
4. Input Seller’s Data
The seller(s) needs to provide personal info, which implies his printed name (last, first, middle initial, or company name) and the address (with the city, state, and zip code). By signing the paper, the seller affirms to convey all rights for the vehicle (vessel) to the purchaser in consideration of the sale payment amount.
5. Input Buyer’s Data
Signing the paper, the buyer(s) states that he provides true information about his identity. The printed name (last, first, middle initial, or company name) and the address (with the city, state, and zip code) shall be outlined in the document.
Other Indiana Forms By Type
Other Vehicle Bill of Sale Forms By State
- Alabama car bill of sale
- AZ bill of sale for a vehicle
- Arkansas free auto bill of sale template
- California car bill of sale
- Colorado car bill of sale
- Connecticut car bill of sale
- Florida car bill of sale
- Georgia car bill of sale
- Idaho car (DMV) bill of sale
- Illinois vehicle bill of sale form
- Kansas car bill of sale for used vehicles
- Maryland car bill of sale for a car
- Massachusetts private automobile bill of sale
- Michigan car bill of sale to sell a car
- Missouri car bill of sale template
- Nevada auto (DMV) bill of sale
- NJ car bill of sale
- NM car (MVD) bill of sale
- New York State car bill of sale
- NC bill of sale for a vehicle
- Oregon car bill of sale
- SC auto bill of sale
- TN car bill of sale form
- Texas car bill of sale
- Utah vehicle bill of sale form
- VA car bill of sale form
- Washington State car bill of sale