The Bill of Sale is a legal form used to confirm the details of a sale or purchase of a vehicle. You are not required to fill out a bill of sale template unless you have bought a vehicle from another country in the state of Tennessee. In that case, to receive a title for the vehicle and/or registration in Tennessee, you will be asked for a Bill of Sale.
Even if you are buying the vehicle from outside of the country, you may still want to have the Bill of Sale as proof of the transaction.
Tennessee bill of sale templates – browse bills of sale for other things in Tennessee.
Download your fillable Tennessee Vehicle Bill of Sale Form in PDF format:
– Adobe PDF
Tennessee Vehicle Registering Procedures
If you live in Tennessee, you will need to receive a title for any vehicle you buy, whether used or new. The vehicle’s purchaser needs to come to the local county clerk’s office with their identification card/driver’s license and proof of residency, and additional documents. The exact forms you need depend on whether you have bought a new or old vehicle. For used vehicles, you will need a title certificate and an odometer disclosure statement (if applicable) and a copy of your current registration if you wish to transfer your license plate to the new car.
If you are new to Tennessee, you can get a title from your local clerk’s office. Submit the emissions testing first if that is a requirement in your county.
You are required by law to title and register your vehicle. The fee for personal vehicle registration is $21.50 at the moment.
Check the county clerk’s offices’ locations. They assist people in matters related to titling and registration.
How to Fill Out the Form
For best results, use our form building software to fill out the Bill of Sale form quickly and with no mistakes. You will need to follow these steps:
1. Provide the buyer’s details.
First of all, fill out the buyer’s personal details, such as their full legal name, street address, city, state, and zip code.
2. Provide the purchaser’s details.
Similarly, fill out the personal details of the purchaser.
3. Provide a description of the vehicle.
Any Bill of Sale form includes information about the vehicle. You will need the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), the vehicle, its color, the year when it was built, and the model.
4. State the date of the sale.
In the same section, indicate the date of the sale.
5. State the selling price.
Put the actual selling price of the vehicle that the buyer has paid.
6. Sign the form.
The seller and the buyer sign the form and provide their printed names underneath the signatures.
Other Tennessee Forms By Type
Other Vehicle Bill of Sale Forms By State
- Alabama car bill of sale
- AZ bill of sale for a vehicle
- Arkansas free auto bill of sale template
- California car bill of sale
- Colorado car bill of sale
- Connecticut car bill of sale
- Florida car bill of sale
- Georgia car bill of sale
- Idaho car (DMV) bill of sale
- Illinois vehicle bill of sale form
- Indiana motor vehicle (BMV) bill of sale
- Kansas car bill of sale for used vehicles
- Maryland car bill of sale for a car
- Massachusetts private automobile bill of sale
- Michigan car bill of sale to sell a car
- Missouri car bill of sale template
- Nevada auto (DMV) bill of sale
- NJ car bill of sale
- NM car (MVD) bill of sale
- New York State car bill of sale
- NC bill of sale for a vehicle
- Oregon car bill of sale
- SC auto bill of sale
- Texas car bill of sale
- Utah vehicle bill of sale form
- VA car bill of sale form
- Washington State car bill of sale