A North Carolina Vehicle Bill of Sale is a form that the seller or the vehicle’s dealership must provide to the purchaser. A North Carolina Vehicle Bill of Sale provides info that payment for the vehicle has been received, and ownership has been transferred from the seller to the purchaser. The bill of sale template should also contain all the info that the new owner of the vehicle will use for the subsequent record of the vehicle. In order for the document to be valid, it must be notarized.
North Carolina bill of sale templates – visit to get more North Carolina-related bill of sale templates that you may require.
Download your fillable North Carolina Vehicle Bill of Sale Form in PDF format:
– Adobe PDF
If the dealer and the previous owner of the vehicle is a dealership, the dealership is obliged to provide all the info about the vehicle necessary to record the vehicle and a document confirming the right to own the vehicle. Moreover, the dealership, acting as a seller, is obliged to provide the purchaser with a temporary driving permit for the time of recording of the vehicle.
List of info that the seller and the purchaser must provide to make the document valid:
- The full legal name of the vehicle seller
- Seller’s date of birth
- The physical address of the seller’s place of residence, zip code, and date of registration of the place of residence
- Purchaser’s full legal name
- Purchaser’s date of birth
- Purchaser’s physical address, zip code, and registration date of place of residence
- Price of the vehicle
- A detailed description of the vehicle with title, model, production date, damage, a vehicle record number
- Date of the transaction, indicating the day, month, and year
- Signatures of all participants in the transfer of property rights
North Carolina Vehicle Registering Procedures
If you intend to use your vehicle in North Carolina State, you need to obtain a temporary permit to drive the vehicle while registration is being processed. It is necessary to record a vehicle after purchase or purchase in the North Carolina State no later than 30 days from the date of purchase. If you buy a vehicle through a dealership, the dealership acts as the vehicle’s seller and takes over the issuance of a temporary permit to drive the vehicle.
To record a vehicle you need:
- Bill of sale
- Vehicle insurance
- Notarized vehicle number
- Release from bail
- Completed Title Application (Form MVR-1)
- Completed Declaration of Eligible Risk (Form MVR-615)
- Completed Damage Disclosure Statement (Form MVR-181)
- Payment of all record fees
How to Fill Out the Form
Below you will find info on how to create and fill out an A North Carolina Vehicle Bill of Sale yourself.
1. Download the document
Download the document on our website to fill it out electronically or print it out and fill it out in writing. You can download the document in any format that suits you. To ensure the best result, use our form building software.
2. Indicate the price of the vehicle
In this section, you need to indicate the price of the vehicle, first indicating the price in writing in dollars. After that, you need to duplicate the price in figures in dollars. In the same section, you must indicate the date (day, month, and year) of the price-setting for the vehicle and the date (day, month, and year), no later than which the payment must be transferred from the purchaser to the seller.
3. Enter seller and purchaser info
In the first section of the bill, you need to enter the following info about the seller and the purchaser: the name of the seller and the purchaser, the driver’s license number of the seller and the purchaser, the actual address of the seller and the purchaser, the city of the seller and the purchaser, the state of the seller and the purchaser. First, the info about the seller is entered. After that, it is necessary to enter the info about the purchaser.
4. Enter vehicle info
In the second section of the bill, you need to provide all the necessary info about the vehicle. In this section, you need to specify: Model, Year of production, Vehicle number, Vehicle mileage, and whether the title will be included in the price of the vehicle.
5. Enter info from the seller
In this section, the seller is obliged to indicate all info about the vehicle. If the vehicle has any breakdowns, the seller is obliged to indicate them in this section of the document.
6. Sign the document
In the last section of the document, the seller must indicate his full legal name, sign, and date of signature. After that, the buyer must indicate his full legal name and sign and indicate the signature date.
7. Notarize the document
The notary must check the document and verify the signatures of all parties. The notary will then complete the remainder of the document and affix the state seal. After notarial confirmation, several copies of the document must be printed, while the buyer must keep the original.
Other North Carolina Forms By Type
Other Vehicle Bill of Sale Forms By State
- Alabama car bill of sale
- AZ bill of sale for a vehicle
- Arkansas free auto bill of sale template
- California car bill of sale
- Colorado car bill of sale
- Connecticut car bill of sale
- Florida car bill of sale
- Georgia car bill of sale
- Idaho car (DMV) bill of sale
- Illinois vehicle bill of sale form
- Indiana motor vehicle (BMV) bill of sale
- Kansas car bill of sale for used vehicles
- Maryland car bill of sale for a car
- Massachusetts private automobile bill of sale
- Michigan car bill of sale to sell a car
- Missouri car bill of sale template
- Nevada auto (DMV) bill of sale
- NJ car bill of sale
- NM car (MVD) bill of sale
- New York State car bill of sale
- Oregon car bill of sale
- SC auto bill of sale
- TN car bill of sale form
- Texas car bill of sale
- Utah vehicle bill of sale form
- VA car bill of sale form
- Washington State car bill of sale